So, you are thinking about building a new home. Congratulations! Building your new home can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences of your life; however it can also be one of the most stressful if you haven’t done your homework. Remember, all new home builders are NOT alike!
To make the most out of your new home building experience, we recommend you focus on these 10 Tips to insure that your homebuilding experience is a smooth, seamless and sensational experience! It isn’t always about price when you are building a new home. There are far more important factors to consider before partnering with a home builder to build your dream home.
1. Financial Stability – You want to be sure that your new home builder has the financial resources to complete your new home. Over the past few years many home builders have experienced economic upturns and downturns in the market. You want to work with a financially stable builder who is not affected by the inevitable ebbs and flows of the market.
2. Longevity in the business – It is important to know how long the builder has been in the business and how many homes they have built. Experience and expertise are key factors when selecting your new home builder.
3. Environmental commitment – Does the builder have a proven track record for protecting and enhancing the environment? Do their communities feature a harmonious balance between nature and man?
4. Green building practices – Does the builder employ energy efficient packages and homebuyer education programs about energy use and conservation? Not only does this save you money but it also protects our environment and natural resources.
5. Warranty Policy – What type of warranty does the builder offer and what is the time period? You want the security of knowing that someone will be there for you if anything goes wrong AFTER you move in to your new home.
6. Home and home site options – Is the builder flexible with your home site footprint and design floor plans? One size DOES NOT fit all when it comes to your new home. Is your builder willing to work with you and make changes that accommodate your lifestyle?
7. Builder accountability – Will your builder be involved in the process from ground breaking to completion of your home? Communication is imperative during the new home building process. You want to work with a builder that meets with you on a regular basis, keeping you informed every step of the way.
8. Design integrity – How does the design process for your new home work? How customized is it to your individualized needs and interests? Does the builder offer you the opportunity to personalize your new home?
9. Customer Satisfaction – What is the builder’s referral rate? Are you able to speak with other homeowners who worked with the builder? What is the customer satisfaction rate of the builder? If you really want to know what’s going on, ask the neighbors what they thought of the process. You may be surprised at what you hear.
10. Attention to detail – Does the builder pay careful attention to the little things? Do they take pride in their workmanship? Drive around one of their construction sites and see what it looks like after everyone has gone home.
As Southwest Florida’s most experienced homebuilder, Neal Communities is dedicated to making your home building experience a smooth, seamless, and sensational expereince. With a 98% customer satisfaction rate, we are ranked the highest of any local builder. After four decades of building more than 8,600 homes, we promise to exceed your expectations every step of your new home building journey.